For FIRST-TIME earnPOWER users, the login process has changed to accommodate use of the General Motors Identification Number (GMIN). Please read the appropriate instructions below.
If your GMIN is not on file with earnPOWER, you will be asked to enter it upon logging in. If your SSN is not on file with Global Connect, you will need to complete that step. Please see below.
- For directions on how to log in, please reference a GM Messenger message sent on March 5th, 2009, with the subject line "GM earnPOWER"
Please follow these steps:
- If you have already logged on to www.gmearnPOWER.com with your PID, you may continue to use that login (with your current password) indefinitely.
- OR (after July 12) you may use your GMIN (example - GMIN:123456789) with no spaces before or after the colon; if you elect to login with you GMIN, your first-time password will be your last name.
- After July 12, for participants logging on to www.gmearnPOWER.com for the first time, you will use your GMIN as your User Name (example - GMIN:123456789) with no spaces before or after the colon. Your first-time password will be your last name.
GMIN Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I find my GMIN in GlobalConnect?
To locate your GMIN:
- Logon to GM GlobalConnect using your personal ID and password
- Click on the 'Edit My Profile' link in the upper right corner
- Your GMIN is displayed below your name
How can I find my GMIN in GM Training?
To locate your GMIN:
- Logon to GM Training using your Person ID and password
- On the Home page your GMIN appears under your name after your Person ID.
How do I get a GMIN?
For dealer users who do not have a GlobalConnect ID, the Dealership's Partner Security Coordinator (PSC) should create a new GlobalConnect ID. After the user logs in to GlobalConnect for the first time, he will go to the 'Edit My Profile' page to complete his changes, and click Next, then Save. This action assigns a GMIN for the user. The next time the user selects Edit My Profile their GMIN will be displayed.
Why should I provide my Government ID (SSN) information in GlobalConnect Edit My Profile?
Previously, SSNs were used in multiple applications such as Customer Satisfaction Information (CSI), Mark Of Excellence (MOE) and GM Training as a unique identifier and for tax reporting purposes. GM has reduced the number of applications requiring SSN information by using the GMIN in place of SSN and tying that GMIN to an SSN in only one application: GlobalConnect. This reduces the number of applications that request your personal information. It is mandatory that you have your SSN recorded if you participate in GM incentive and/or awards programs.
- You have been or will be issued a User ID and password from your Program Headquarters. If you have not received this information, please contact your Program Headquarters hotline.
- To enter your User ID, you must include the letters and the colon before the numbers (no spaces before or after the colon).
- Upon entering your initial password and logging in, you will be asked to create a new password.
- For login help, please call 1-800-352-6638. This number is for earnPOWER login help only.
- For questions about your program performance, please call the appropriate Program Headquarters number.
- For merchandise order questions, please call 1-800-343-2607.